Monday, August 31, 2009

Thing 23-Reflection

My favorite things were Facebook, some of the graphics sites and Delicious. I was most excited about Google Reader, Delicious and Google Docs. I am actually using it right now to type my thoughts to later post. Delicious is a great way to consolidate bookmarks from several computers. However, I am having trouble getting it to import bookmarks at work. Digg was challenging and I had trouble with Google Reader, at first. In retrospect, I believe the city email account was blocking an email to validate my account. Once I changed email address, it was fine. I learned a lot; I hope the 23 blog will be up for a while, just so I can go back and spend more time on those Things that I feel I needed more time to learn. If it will be taken down, perhaps a page of links used could be sent to the participants. I will explore using podcasts for baby and toddler storytime activities and possibly information and application of Every Child Ready to Read. I learned a great deal; my only regret is that I didn't have more time: trying to complete this in the midst of Summer Reading Club was difficult. If it is offered again, I would suggest early Winter when there isn't at much going on. Thanks for the opportunity to participate. You guys rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment