Monday, August 31, 2009

Thing 20-You Tube

I have used You Tube a lot in the past: from instructables, current events, entertainment, etc. I have not uploading anything before. I can now see there are many applications for promotion and communication for libraries. I watched several videos as I searched for: libraries, public libraries, book cart drill team. The book cart competitions were quote entertaining; they were for entertaining and definitely hit their mark. Some videos used reverse psychology to emphasis proper behavior, such as "How to Steal a Library Book." But many were too long or took too long to load. I think many would tune out because of those reasons. I think you need to preview whatever you upload to identify these issues and correct them. A particularly wonderful video was "Discover the New World at the Columbus Public Library." I liked it so much, I posted a comment and then click on the creator's site and sent a message. It was intended to showcase the services available for children and it used multi-media, professional quality with a child giving the info. It definitely accomplished the goal.
I have been wanting a PSA and have recently added a budget for this in the last grant request. I definitely will post any video I have on You Tube and other social networking sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment